Processing your food waste on site has never been easier
It’s been just a little more than a month since composting awareness week. To keep the topic fresh in everyone’s minds, we thought today would be a good day to remind you how EcoRich food waste digesters can make on-site food waste processing easy and affordable. If you are responsible for a commercial kitchen, college campus or corporate dining facility, hospital, hotel, food processing facility or the like, we have a solutions and machine sizes for food waste producers of all kinds.
Here is a reminder of the ten factors that make the EcoRich food waste digester unique and easy to use:
1. They repurpose food waste of all kinds, uncooked and cooked, meat and bones too, into nutrient-rich soil amendment in just 24 hours without additives. All on site.
2. Used at the source of the waste, our process uses heat, fresh air, and a high temperature-tolerant (thermophilic) microbe to reduce and digest the waste.
3. An 85% reduction in the food waste volume will produce up to 15% soil amendment; for example, 100 pounds of food waste become just 15 pounds in 24 hours.
4. Additives are not needed - no wood chips, water, or browns ever just more food waste every day – that’s really all.
5. The machines are easy to use. Just put food waste in, close the hatch and press start - that is all required to start the process. 24 hours later, everything is processed and can be removed if the machine is full.
6. The soil amendment does not need to be removed every day - it is reduced in volume by up to 85% in just 24 hours.
7. No food waste liquid to drain. Most of the water evaporates; all that comes out of the exhaust vent is hot, moist air, carbon dioxide – a product of the microbial digestion process - and a bit of condensed water. Our process means that nutrients are not lost down the drain.
8. The process is odor and pest free.
9. No monitoring is needed during the process; just put the food waste in, start the machine, and go back to other tasks.
10. When the machine is full or cannot take the next day’s full load of food waste, the soil-amendment is ejected automatically and can be used for on-site landscaping – or just disposed of with other waste, but at a fraction of the weight and cost.
It really is that easy!
Let us help you to meet your food waste disposal needs. Contact Charles Nouhan, EcoRich’s sustainability advisor and sales executive, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 201 674-7088.